How to Remove Memory Card Password with 3 Easy Methods
If you came across that kind of situation and now scanning the whole web desperately for a light of hope, then you are at the right place, my friend. In this article, I will teach you some sure shot methods to remove password from memory card.
Before I share the methods, let me first give a huge thanks to my friend Rabin from Tech Tricks Club. I first saw these methods on his blog and after trying myself I came up with this article. And yes I have tried al this methods myself and confirm that these are working if done correctly.
With that being said, let’s go to the methods to unblock memory card if you forget the password.
No-1 | Use Android to Unblock Blocked Memory Card
If you have an android phone with the microSD card support them get that phone cause we need that phone to unblock blocked memory card.
- Download ES File Explorer app on your phone.
- Locate to System Folder and then a file called ‘mmcstore‘
- Copy that file to your computer and open with a simple text editor(Notepad on Windows and TextEdit on Mac).
- Here you must see your password. Apply that password and your memory should unblock now.
No-2 | Use Nokia s60 Phone
If you can arrange a Nokia s60 device then follow this method.
- Go to Nokia Store and download any File Explorer app for your Nokia s60.
- Now insert your card and locate the path ‘C:system’
- Here you should see a file names ‘mmcstore’.
- Now rename that file from ‘mmcstore’ to ‘mmcstore.txt‘(without quote)
Transfer that file to your computer and open that file to see the password.
No-3 | Use PC but don’t expect your data back
Your card should be unblocked now, in case none of the above thing worked for you and now you don’t care about the data inside the card then follow this.
- Connect your card to the computer.
- Right click on it and select format.
- Follow on screen instruction to format the card.
This will format the card and remove the password.
This is how you remove password from a memory card. Always remember to use hard to guess and easy to remember password. If you can then write down the password somewhere. I hope I made this article clear for you. If you are facing any issue while performing the above mentioned methods then cmment down below or message me directly.