Problem: My Android games are lagging. How do I fix that?
Solution: This guide lists 7 quick solutions to help you fix Android game lag issues.
Wondering how to make games run faster on Android? Well, you’re not the only one. There are thousands of Android users out there who are desperately trying to fix Android game lag for good. Since this is such a common problem, BestGamingTips decided to come to your rescue and list a few quick workarounds that you can use to play Android games without lag.
Why do Android games lag?
Before we dive in, it’s important to know why your Android games are lagging. Oftentimes, the solution lies in the problem, so it’s very useful to pinpoint the root cause of the problem.
Here are the most common reasons why your Android games are slow:
- Your Android phone is overheating
- You’re not running the latest Android version on your device
- The game is not compatible with your phone’s configuration
- You don’t have enough memory space available
- There are too many apps running in the background
- Your phone is infected with malware
Android games are lagging: How to fix it
There are a few solutions that you can use to fix Android game lag issues for good. Follow the instructions below and tell us which method worked for you:
- Make sure that your phone meets the minimum system requirements for running the game. If your phone doesn’t meet the specs to run the game, you should delete it and look for a game suitable for your phone’s hardware configuration.
- Check for updates: Android regularly receives updates, so make sure that you’re running the latest Android version on your mobile device.
- Clear your temp cache and saved data from the Settings app to make your phone a bit snappier.
- Make sure your phone is not overheating: Close background apps, remove your phone case while playing games, and make sure that your battery is working properly. If the battery is malfunctioning or is swollen, this may trigger overheating issues and you need to replace it ASAP.
- Check for malware: Scan your phone for malware infections as unwanted malicious software may cause phone slowdowns.
- Delete unnecessary apps: We’re sure there are many apps installed on your phone that you don’t regularly use. Go ahead and uninstall them to free up some memory.
- Reinstall your game: If your Android game is corrupted, you need to remove it and then re-install it. Oftentimes, this quick solution solves the problem.
So, there you go, these quick tips should help you fix Android game lag issues. Let us know which one worked for you.