If League of Legends won’t open on Mac, we compiled a list of solutions for you. Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below and you should be able to get the game going within minutes.
Fix League of Legends launch issues
1. Close the RiotMacContainer
- Open the Finder and go to Applications ->LOL ->right click on show-package contents -> click on Contents> MacOS -> RiotMacContainer
- Now, close the app and open it again.
2. Change DNS settings
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner -> go toSystem Preferences -> Network -> Advanced -> DNS
- Locate DNS Servers -> click on the Add icon (+ icon) and enter the following values:
3. Launch the Hextech Repair Tool
The Hextech Repair Tool can fix various connection issues, including LoL launch issues. You can download it from Riot Games for free. Install it, run it and check if the problem persists.
If this is the case, go to the next solution.
4. Delete the Lockfile
If none of the solutions listed above worked, try deleting the lockfile.
- Open Finder -> go to Applications
- Right click on League of Legends -> select Show package contents ->LoL
- Delete the file named Lockfile
- Now, click on LeagueClient in the same folder as the file you deleted to launch the client.
The Lockfile reappears when you launch the client again but the launch issues should be history now. There should be no need to delete the lockfile again.
5. Reinstall League of Legends
If the League of Legends launcher is not working, try reinstalling it.
Completely uninstall the LoL launcher and then download the latest version of League of Legends.
Hope something helped.
Found other solutions to fix LoL start issues on Mac computer? List the troubleshooting steps in the comments below.